Sunday, September 16, 2007

"Mom's On Facebook"

Sun Media writer, Shannon Vanraes, gets an unexpected friend request and concludes "it's time to ramp up my security settings:"

But when I saw that little icon, the thought of adding my mom as a friend struck fear into the depths of my very soul.

... Do I really want my mom to see me tagged in photos I don't even remember being taken?

And what about all the clever quips in my personal information - will they destroy the thin facade I've created for my relatives, the one where I'm a productive citizen who doesn't live in filth?

Ah, Ms. Vanraes. I hate to break this shocking generational news, but some day soon, your Mom may be taking a hard look at her own security settings. There could be a few things out there that she'd prefer her kids don't know.

Unless, of course, everyone can just agree...

That what happens on Facebook, stays on Facebook.

- Garry J. Wise, Toronto

Visit our Toronto Law Firm website: www.wiselaw.net

EMPLOYMENT LAWCIVIL LITIGATIONWILLS AND ESTATESFAMILY LAW & DIVORCE

No comments: