Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Law Student Humour

Here's a fine bit of law student humour from Omar Ha-Redye of Law Is Cool:

How to Get a Law Job

Dear *,

Thank you for your letter of *. After careful consideration I regret to inform you that I am unable to accept your refusal to offer me employment with your firm. This year I have been particularly fortunate in receiving an unusually large number of rejection letters. With such a varied and promising field of candidates it is impossible for me to accept all refusals.

Despite *’s outstanding qualifications and previous experience in rejecting applicants, I find that your rejection does not meet with my needs at this time. Therefore, I will initiate employment with your firm immediately following graduation. I look forward to seeing you then. Best of luck in rejecting future candidates.

Sincerely,

I had the pleasure of meeting Mr. Ha-Redye last week at my favorite, local caffeine dispensary. He penned a few thoughts on the weekend about our discussions.

Suffice to say, we have begun planning some interesting concepts for the fall of '08.

It was my first face-to-face encounter with one of my blogger friends (usually we do our linking online). I hope it will not be the last.

So here's a shout-out to some of my favourite Canadian bloggers - the coffee's on me...

- Garry J. Wise, Toronto

Visit our Toronto Law Firm website: www.wiselaw.net

EMPLOYMENT LAWCIVIL LITIGATIONWILLS AND ESTATESFAMILY LAW & DIVORCE

ORIGINALLY POSTED AT WISE LAW BLOGSUBSCRIBE TO WISE LAW BLOG

3 comments:

Connie Crosby said...

Just name the time and place! ;-)

Yes, Omar is quite a character. I predict great things for his future.

Cheers,
Connie

northwestern_lad said...

Thanks for the invite. I'm game. I'm not a coffee drinker (that's what a good iced tea for is at this time of year ;) ) but i'm still interested. Just give me a shout.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Garry.

Connie is being modest; she neglects to mention that she was one of the key individuals that encouraged me to increase my presence.

I think we all need to get together some time, it would definitely be an interesting mix of creativity and insight.