A few questions come to mind for those ornery, silly conservatives in America who actually believe Sarah Palin's discredited, outlandish claim that Democratic health care proposals before Congress require that health-care dollars be saved by so-called "death panels" charged with enforcing mandatory, non-consensual euthanasia of the elderly and disabled by America's physicians
- disavowing the Geneva Conventions?
- actively engaging in a documented regime of systematic torture that purported to be justified by widely-discredited legal memos written by executive branch lawyers appointed by your own President?
- destroying videotape evidence of actual torture sessions?
- invading other nations on demonstrably false grounds?
- detaining mass numbers of people - many who were wholly innocent - in Guantanamo and elsewhere without charges, trials or right of review?
- issuing rendition orders to send vast numbers of people to black hole prisons for brutal interrogations in undisclosed, foreign locations?
- Conducting sweeping domestic eavesdropping and warrantless wiretapping programmes that targeted ordinary citizens on a scale not yet disclosed?