The CCCT-CCTJ is delighted to announce a unique national event: the Canadian Forum on Court Technology (CFCT-FCTJ). It will take place in Ottawa on September 22 and 23, 2010. All details are available on the CFCT-FCTJ website.
The Forum will feature the following keynote speakers:
- The Honourable Madam Justice Louise Charron, Supreme Court of Canada;
- The Deputy Minister to the Premier of British Columbia, Allan Seckel;
- The author of “The end of Lawyers”, Richard Susskind.
Here is a sample of the 22 sessions which will be offered. For more details, look at the program.
- Judging in 2020: In a Courtroom or on the Web?
- An Introduction to E-Discovery and its Impact on Trials
- The Use of Court Statistics
- A Virtual Day in Court: Online Dispute Resolution
- Whose Information is it Anyway?
Wednesday, September 15, 2010
The Canadian Centre for Court Technology, a high-powered national think tank comprised of judges and leading justice sector participants, will be convening an impressive conference on court technology in Ottawa later this month.
As noted at the CCCT website, the conference agenda provides a nice window as to where our nation's justice system is heading, technologically speaking:
Thanks to Mike F. for pointing us to this event.
- Garry J. Wise, Toronto
TORONTO EMPLOYMENT LAW • TORONTO CIVIL LITIGATION & ESTATE LITIGATION • TORONTO FAMILY LAW & DIVORCE