Friday, January 11, 2008

Journalist Ezra Levant and Human Rights Commissions

Apparently, National Post writer Ezra Levant has his own issues with the Alberta Human Rights and Citizenship Commission:

Today at 2 p.m. I will appear before an Alberta "human rights officer" for an interrogation. I am being interrogated for the political crime of publishing the Danish cartoons in the Western Standard nearly two years ago.

As a lawyer, I've been in different courts and tribunals, but I've never experienced a kangaroo court first-hand. I will have a more comprehensive report later today.

We linked to Mr. Levant's recent exposé of Canada's human rights commissions, Censorship In The Name Of 'Human Rights, last month.

I do not recall any disclosure of this personal matter in that article. Perhaps it is a new issue that was not known to him at the time.

(h/t: Buckdog)

The Calgary Herald also has the story.

- Garry J. Wise, Toronto

Visit our Toronto Law Firm website: www.wiselaw.net

EMPLOYMENT LAWCIVIL LITIGATIONWILLS AND ESTATESFAMILY LAW & DIVORCE

Post a Comment