Thursday, December 27, 2007

Snark Du Jour

Crooks and Liars:

Phrases international heads of state should not use together: “Dalai Lama” and “call girl”.

... We at C&L Late Night were trying to figure out if George W. Bush had said something stupider, but then again “The Dalai Lama is not a call girl” IS factually correct.

As Reuters reported on December 21, 2007:

"I met the Dalai Lama in my office but I meet everyone in my office. I don't know why I would sneak off to a hotel room just to meet the Dalai Lama. You know, he's not a call girl," Harper told OMNI television.

Cathy suggests that Mr. Harper was simply catching himself as he almost blurted out the name of Karlheinz Schreiber, a man whose hotel visits with another Canadian Prime Minister have been in the news lately.

- Garry J. Wise, Toronto

Visit our Toronto Law Firm website: www.wiselaw.net

EMPLOYMENT LAWCIVIL LITIGATIONWILLS AND ESTATESFAMILY LAW & DIVORCE

No comments: