Monday, June 08, 2009

Lawyers Got Their Blue Jeans On

It's not quite blue jeans on Bay Street, but at least one San Francisco firm has opted for comfort over style in its summer "dress code" for lawyers.

In a breakthrough for legal couture, blue jeans will be de rigueur this summer at Latham & Watkins’ San Francisco office.

Well, sort of....
Dressier clothing is required for client meetings or court appearances, though.
Makes me think of the Jeff Healy Band's Blue Jeans Blues:

I done run into my baby,
and finally found my old blue jeans
Well, I done ran into my baby,
and finally found my old blue jeans
I knew they was mine,
by the oil and the gasoline, yeah
If I ever get back my blue jeans,
well how happy could one man be?
I said, uh, if I ever get back my blue jeans,
well, how happy can one man be?
'Cause when I get back those blue jeans,
yeah, you know my baby,
will bring em home to me
Yeah, yeah
Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah

The Jeff Healey Band Blue Jean Blues lyrics

(Conceptual credit to my friend, Dave Bilinsky)

- Garry J. Wise, Toronto

Visit our Toronto Law Firm website: www.wiselaw.net

EMPLOYMENT LAWCIVIL LITIGATIONWILLS AND ESTATESFAMILY LAW & DIVORCE

ORIGINALLY POSTED AT WISE LAW BLOGSUBSCRIBE TO WISE LAW BLOG

No comments: