Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Kinsella on Kinsella

Richard Albert has a light-hearted and entertaining profile of Warren Kinsella, Liberal Party strategist extraordinaire, in The Politic today.

See: Warren Kinsella: Prince of Darkness

Most amusing is Mr. Kinsella's discussion of his 1997 electoral loss as candidate in B.C.'s Vancouver South riding:

Honest to God: I ran because I felt I had a contribution to make. At the time, my wife thought I was crazier than usual–I think she voted against me, truth be told–but it was an honour and privilege. We hadn’t won the riding in a generation, but it seemed like the right thing to do at the time.

Some folks insinuate that I was parachuted into the riding, but that isn’t true: I fought for months to get the nomination, and was thrilled when I won it at a nomination meeting. But a variety of factors (calling an election during the ’97 Winnipeg flood was one) led to my keester getting kicked.

My wife, then pregnant with the second of four children, was delighted.

- Garry J. Wise, Toronto

Visit our Toronto Law Firm website: www.wiselaw.net

EMPLOYMENT LAWCIVIL LITIGATIONWILLS AND ESTATESFAMILY LAW & DIVORCE

ORIGINALLY POSTED AT WISE LAW BLOGSUBSCRIBE TO WISE LAW BLOG

No comments: