Wednesday, June 07, 2023

Paul Adam on Wills and Estates: Providing for Guardianship of your Children in your Last Will

You can definitely name somebody in your last will to have custody and guardianship of your minor children in the event both of the parents pass away.

Now, the appointment you make in you last will is temporary. That person will eventually need to apply to the court to be appointed as a permanent guardian. But, when they make that application, the court will look very closely on who you named in your last will, and factor that in the decision about who should be the permanent guardian of your children.

- Paul Adam, Toronto
Visit our Toronto Law Office website:

No comments: